In most large U.S. cities and metro areas luxury homes are often classified as residences selling for $1 million and above. Many areas in and around Chicago, such as the North Shore, the Gold Coast, and Lincoln Park, have numerous luxury homes on the market at any given time. These extravagant residences contain many precious belongings, from rare antiques, sports memorabilia, and priceless artwork to wine collections and high-end furnishings. Their homeowners are accustomed to living in the lap of luxury so when it comes time to relocate they expect to move in the lap of luxury too.
A Turnkey Offering
Moving can be extremely stressful and time-consuming, especially when it comes to moving a high-end property. A luxury home moving service is the answer for these home owners. With this type of moving service, the process can be turnkey, ensuring every detail is handled by the moving company. Below is a list of the wide range of services that can be expected from a luxury home moving service.
– Project Manager – From day one a project manager is assigned to ensure every aspect of the move is handled with the utmost professionalism. Basically, this person is the home owner’s assistant throughout the moving process, handling a multitude of task such as taking the dog to the kennel, having area rugs cleaned professionally, inventorying items, scheduling a cleaning service and much more.
– Cleaning Service – Speaking of cleaning, at the home owner’s request, a cleaning service can be scheduled to professionally clean the house after all the furnishings are removed and before the new home owner arrives.
– Staging – As part of the selling process, homes are often staged. This may include removing clutter, rearranging furniture, enhancing lighting and more.
– Transporting Wine Collections – If an extensive wine collection is being moved, it will be transported in a temperature controlled vehicle. This will help to ensure aged collections are moved at a consistent temperature and excessive shaking is avoided.
– Moving One of a Kind Pieces – These types of items may include artwork, sports memorabilia, and antiques. A luxury move ensures these rare pieces are custom crated and packed with extra protection. They may even be transported in a separate vehicle or transported ahead of other items.
– Unpacking – Once the home owner arrives at their new residence, a luxury home moving service will unpack the items and place them per a pre-determined layout plan.
– Utility Services – Dealing with multiple utility providers can be a hassle and time-consuming; therefore, a luxury home moving service will take care of starting and stopping all services on the date(s) requested.
Turn to Joey’s for Your Next Luxury Home Move
For over 30 years, Joey’s Movers has been moving residents near and far. As a full-service moving company, we offer the luxury home moving services described above and much more. Our team will ensure your move is handled professionally and with the utmost care from start to finish. Visit our website, to learn how we can help you with your next Affluent home move.